New Year’s resolutions… To be honest, they were never my cup of tea… All throughout my teenage and twenty-something years I honestly didn’t see the point. Coming from a family of self-proclaimed “average” people I was constantly warned against aiming too high in life. “Why take the risk of getting disappointed? Better to keep it simple, realistic!”.
About five years ago, that mindset changed. Some (calculated) risks had paid off big time and I came to see that we DO have direct control of our lives. I realized that every time you really give yourself 100%, chances are you get 150% in return.
Realizing this, I started writing down some of those dreaded New Year’s resolutions… not without success. Year after year I am amazed with what one can accomplish in twelve months if he or she puts his or her back into it. Keeping my eye fixed on my personal goals is the only thing that keeps me from procrastinating. Reaching them gives me a sense of accomplishment and personal growth.
This year I made two lists: a personal one and one for my little blog project.
Here’s what 2017 has in store for NoMoreMovies:
NoMoreMovies in 2017
– Quantity: I want to maintain my current level of productivity. Somewhere between a fulltime job and the heavy commuting hours I managed to finish 31 blogposts in about 26 weeks. That makes me very proud! Let’s keep that up!
– Quality: The quantity is there, now I am looking forward to improve my writing skills by following a four-week writing course and getting some grammar books.
– Book reviews: NoMoreFiction? One year ago I switched from fiction to reading non-fiction books. That made me discover some new books that I enjoyed immensely. Some made me see things in a different light. One or two even helped me start up and design this blog. I look forward to sharing my reviews on those small masterpieces. You will be able to check them out here and purchase them through partner-shops. I might even get a small fee for the effort 🙂
– Focus: Less about me, more on giving back and traveling. Much more interesting, right?
– Photography: Next to the writing course, I plan on taking multiple photography workshops in 2017. Let’s get some better shots to accompany those articles!
– Blog: I want to keep the blog minimalist and tight so expect no major changes. However, there are two WordPress features that I would like to implement this year: an Instagram feed and a tag cloud that allows you to search all my articles by topic or keyword.
– Facebook: In general, I am no longer letting negativity drag me down. I am infinitely more interested in people solving problems that most claim cannot be fixed. NoMoreRacism, NoMoreNegativity, NoMoreItsTheirFault… Let’s share inspirational stories instead: impressive achievements, the beauty of our planet and stories of people who prove life can be anything you want it to be. That’s what I share on NoMoreMovies on Facebook.
Less is more! No matter how positive the message may be, no one likes getting spammed on Facebook! I refrain myself to one post per day. So I can’t think of a reason NOT to like the Facebook page right now 😉
PS: I’m aiming for 2000 followers by the end of 2017, so feel free to help out!
– Instagram: My Instagram feed will remain a mixture of street photography, travel photos, nature shots and everyday things photographed in a different way. In short everything that inspires me.
– YouTube: So far I posted three videos on the YouTube channel. Rest assured: I have no ambition to become a vlogger. I would be terrible at it! That being said there’s definitely more little stories, photo-slideshows and travel-videos coming your way in 2017.
– Anniversary Project: Taking time to celebrate milestones is important. One year of NoMoreMovies is a perfect excuse to party. Not sure yet what this celebration will look like, but stay tuned for more info… It should be fun but at the same time remain true to the giving-back spirit of NoMoreMovies.
So stick around in 2017!
What did I miss?
Anything that I should really pay more attention to?
Ideas for topics? Let me know!