Remember how my last post boasted about posting new material every week?
Well, that didn’t quite happen, did it?
“And from now on, I will write one piece a week…”
That was his last post…
It reminds me of those “famous last words of adventurers”-quotes…
- “Don’t worry, I’ll go first.”
- “I’ll bet my head that cave is empty!”
- “I bet it’s an illusion.”
- “Magic users are WIMPS!”
- “Naw – it’s just sleeping…”
- “Oh, don’t be so paranoid…”
- “But it’s only a LITTLE red dragon.”
Don’t let the lack of posts fool you though, we’ve been very busy these past few months… all in the spirit of NoMoreMovies!
So what did we do?
- We adopted a second doggie from SOS Stray Dogs Turkey: welcome home happy Bibi!
- We went to dog school Dakota (which is more like dog-owner school, the trainers actually train us, not the doggies)
- I followed a photography workshop in Brussels, very productive!
- I started to train like an athlete in EcoGym
- Sofie and I visited a community garden project in the city of Deurne. Great to see it was being used!
- We cancelled our cable TV subscription (it was a waste of money, there’s nothing on TV anyway)
- I took a subscription to Headspace, a meditation app on the iPhone instead, much better value for money.
- I closely followed Mr. Trump in the media, never quite knowing whether I should be amused or afraid.
- My manager and myself got elected to speak at an international IT conference in the USA (exciting!)
- I followed a food workshop at EcoGym and decided to cut down on waffles
- I was in for a surprise treat when I learned there was a concert of Loreena McKennitt in Brussels that night. So I went there!
<breathe…> and carry on:
- I finished an excellent book called #Now: the surprising truth about the Power of Now. Insightful!
- I worked together with our local Oxfam store to promote their stores to kids. Fairly pleased with myself for having this creative idea. The people of the Oxfam store were delighted as well!
- I made a selection for our yearly photography exposition at the Guild Hall.
- I (finally) made a digital slideshow on our holiday to Peru in 2015. It will be shown upcoming weekend at the photography exposition. Editing that one sure kept me busy these last few weeks, but I’m very pleased with the results. It captures the feeling of our 21-day trip and never gets boring… at least that’s my opinion 🙂 I’ll let you judge for yourself soon enough, just keep an eye on my YouTube channel.
- Oh yes… and I went to work 🙂 Work and commute still consumes about fifty-five hours a week… I haven’t really found a solution to that yet 😉
More on these topics during the coming weeks…